These are notes I made a while ago and never moved to my new website. They're still the standard that I use when I get a massage.
A good massage therapist:
- is excited about their work
- talks to you with respect and compassion
- encourages you to trust your own body
- works with, not in opposition to, your body
- treats each client uniquely
- varies technique and pressure as needed
- maintains a high level of safety, hygiene, and professionalism
- keeps a clean and welcoming office space
- respects your limits and preferences
- is reliable and punctual
There is no massage therapist who is right for everyone. Find a massage therapist who makes you feel comfortable, respected, and relaxed!